Sakina has over 10 years of experience as a psychoeducational consultant and a mental health therapist. She is specialized in providing therapeutic interventions for clients (children, adolescents and adults) with psychosomatic disorders and other mental health concerns
She is registered with Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals and a member of Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada (VRA).
Areas of expertise:
- Dialectic and Cognitive behaviour therapy – anxiety, depression, pain management, obsessive-compulsive disorders and suicidal tendencies.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- CogMed Coach – result-based working memory training for attention difficulties
- Life coaching for people with visible and invisible disabilities.
- Depression and Panic disorder
- Grief and loss
- Separation and divorce
- Relationship difficultiesFamily conflict and sibling rivalry
- Attention deficit disorder (ADHD)
- School avoidance
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Anger management
- Low self-esteem
- Social anxiety disorder
The following services can be booked with Sakina:
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Vocational Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Career Guidance.